.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Shrimp and noodles

This was one of those "toss-together" dinners I do during the week.

I'd had this package of Indonesian sambal sauce from Harry's or World Market that I'd been wanting to use for a while. I also had some rice noodles, frozen shrimp, and angel hair shredded cabbage and broccoli slaw.

Soooo . . . I sauteed the veggies and shrimp in some oil, added the sauce packet (it contained dried shrimp paste, and I wasn't expecting the smell). In the meantime I had soaked the rice noodles in hot water for about 30 minutes.

After the shrimp and veggies were done, I took them from the pan and then sauteed the rice noodles, added ginger, garlic, green onion, soy sauce, and some oyster sauce. Then I dumped the shrimp and veggies back in, added some lime juice and chili paste, and prayed that it would taste good. It did. I had 2 heaping bowls and the hubby had a huge heaping plate. And there was actually enough for my lunch tomorrow!

Oh yes, before I forget. I heated up some Van's shrimp egg rolls in the toaster oven to go along with dinner. I don't usually like egg rolls, but these are good. And not too bad in the calorie department.

So anyway, it seems that dinner was a success. Unless I can find that sauce pack again, I doubt I can recreate it exactly. But that's usually what happens with the "toss-together" dinners.

No comments: