.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I feel like chicken tonight . . . chicken tonight!


That was from an ad in the 90s or something, wasn't it?

Whatever, chicken is quick and easy to make during the week and lends itself to different flavors. One combo you will NEVER find on my table is fruit and chicken. That's just ew.

Tonight's dinner started off last night when I marinated some boneless skinless chicken breasts in a spice paste made of ginger paste, minced garlic, a huge heaping spoon of tandoori masala and a just-as-heaping spoon of some new spice mix called "Kitchen King Masala," which looks like a nice yummy mix of different Indian spices.

Today after got back from getting my hair chopped off, all I had to do was preheat the oven to 400 F, then bake the chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet for about 25 minutes. These breasts were huge (get your mind out from the gutter), so I had to check a few times to see if they were cooked through.

Result? Not bad at all, although next time I need to make slashes in the chicken so the marinade permeates through some more. And add some salt. A few squeezes of fresh lime juice really made everything taste great. As you can see, I was attempting to be good by having some salad and a low-carb tortilla on the side. Which is fine, except that I ended up scarfing a bunch of my husband's Cheetos later on while watching TV. *SIGH* Oh and next time, I think just half a breast would be enough for me, since these were mutant-sized pieces.

No comments: