.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cool as a Cucumber Breakfast

I can't help but be impressed by those of you who consistently post pictures of each meal almost every single day. I think that a photo food journal is more effective than just tracking one's food online or on paper because you now have an audience to keep you accountable. And I know that if it were me, that would motivate me to make more of an attempt to eat healthier foods knowing that others are going to see what I eat (and possibly judge, let's be honest!).

Hmmm, maybe that's not a bad idea?

Okay so maybe I'll give it a shot for a few meals and then let's see how it goes.

So let's start with breakfast today.


Today's breakfast is an actual attempt by me to have some fruits and veggies to start off the day, unlike the past couple weeks.

So, I have a Weight Watchers English Muffin, some light chive cream cheese, thin slices of cucumber, and the cutest little clementine ever. It really is adorable -- if I get back into bento-ing, these will most definitely be part of them.

Okay I also have a couple things to confess.

As some of you know, I'm an inveterate Weight Watchers re-starter. I lost 25 lb. on it 7 years ago, but due to life/laziness/whatever I've put it all back and a whole lot more since then and have really been struggling with the weight loss game. I have a wedding to go to in a few weeks and although I can still barely squeeze into my sari blouse and although I know I can't work miracles, I really would like to drop a few pounds before then. So I'm hoping if I try to post some meals here I'll keep myself accountable and not do something stupid like having pizza rolls and baked fries for dinner like I may have done last night. What? I said I had a couple things to confess!

See you at lunchtime!

2 comments:

brandi said...

nice light summer breakfast :)

You can do it!

Spiceaholic said...

Thanks, I need all the encouragement I can get!