.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Pizza


Mmmmmm, buffalo wings and pizza. No doubt one of the classic junk food pairings, although at our house we usually don't order both at the same time. I'm pretty sure it was just a matter of time until some genius decided to combine the two. No, it wasn't me. I've found quite a few variations of this online, but this is my quickie version. And my apologies in advance, but I didn't measure anything when I made it tonight.

Ingredients:

1 pre-prepared pizza crust like Boboli (I used Boboli thin-crust)
Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch dressing
Frank's Red Hot Wing Sauce
pre-prepared grilled chicken strips (I got frozen)
shredded cheese (I used reduced-fat Mexican and Italian)
green onions for garnish

Preheat oven to 45o degrees. Line baking sheet with foil or get out a pizza baking stone and place the pizza crust on the sheet or stone.

Spread the ranch dressing over the crust -- I left a dressing-less edge on the crust.

Sprinkle some cheese over the crust.

Heat up the chicken, then pour wing sauce all over, coating evenly. Now add the chicken to the curst, making sure to spread evenly.

Sprinkle some more cheese on top.

Sprinkle with chopped green onions for color.

Bake for about 10-15 minutes. I might have accidentally not heard the timer go off, so ours looks a little well done.

Enjoy!

As you can see, there are myriad variations. You can use regular ranch or blue cheese dressing instead. You can use whatever kind of chicken you want -- I've used shredded rotisserie chicken before, or you can bake chicken coated in wing sauce, or even use buffalo chicken tenders. Play around with the cheese. Be more adventurous than me and use the roll-out pizza dough or make your own. Instead of green onions use red onions. Whatever you want!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This sounds delish! And so does your previous post for faux-ried chicken(ok, bad joke).

I'll give you my recipe for smoked salmon pizza...it's kind of like bagel with lox, only it's pizza!