.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Weekend plans?

HUGE confession: all the partners at our firm have been gone since yesterday at a retreat and I haven't done much since then. Most of us have been sneaking in late and sneaking out early. Shhhh!! :)

Well this morning I had a good reason to be late, I was at the dealership getting 2 new tires for my ZoomZoom and then they had to replace the cabin air filter. Those tires were already going to cost me many a pretty penny and then the air filter just added to it. Bleh. At least now I don't have to worry about my tires blowing out while driving around Atlanta. If you've driven here, you know how much that would suck.

I did manage to get some work done and finally made some progress on this return I've been working on for what seems like forever. But now I'm seriously thinking of leaving early . . .

What's going on this weekend? We're planning to see the Star Trek movie tonight. Tomorrow I'm supposed to meet my trainer and that's all I had planned. I really need to clean up around the house and clean out my car. Some girlfriends from back home are coming to visit me Memorial Day weekend, so this is all in preparation for then.

What are YOU up to this weekend?

I've been good about not buying tons of cookbooks lately, but was lured by the low prices at Costco the other day. I think I'm the only person who goes in solely to buy cookbooks there. I got some looks as I walked around with my 2 cookbooks. Oh you want to know what I bought? I ended up buying the 10th anniversary edition of Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything and got suckered in by all the buzz about the new Hungry Girl cookbook. I have the original version of How to Cook Everything but heard the new one had new recipes and had been reorganized -- and I don't mind having 2 versions of a good classic. I also have the first Hungry Girl cookbook and was a little underwhelmed by it, to be honest. It just seemed like pretend food. So I was skeptical about the second, but when I flipped through it I saw it had more "real" recipes, if that makes sense. I'll let you guys know if I make stuff from them. :)

Well, it seems like there's just 4 of us left in the office, so I think that's my cue to get out of here!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: